Signs at the park gates offer words of caution for climbers. Here’s what they say:
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Hikers attempting to reach the summit should be physically fit.
- If you have a sore throat, cold or breathing problems, do not go beyond 3,000 metres A.S.L.
- Children under 10 years of age are not allowed above 3,000 metres A.S.L.
- If you have heart or lung problems do not attempt the mountain at all without consulting your doctor.
- Allow plenty of time for the body to acclimatize slowly.
2,522 total views, 6 views today